We’ve all been there no? Getting dressed in the morning, you decide on an outfit, pick it out of the closet, iron it, accessorize it, do your hair and make up to go with it and then IT HAPPENS.
Your man says you look awful.
He hates what you’re wearing and EVEN WORSE than *thinking* you look bad is SAYING you look bad. I’ve heard them ALL “You look like a zingara (gypsy in Italian!)” “You look like a cleaning lady” “You look like passè” ! This is what I get for marrying a man who works in fashion!
So what do you do?
Do you run back into the house in a fit and start from scratch with the risk of being late and not finding anything you like? Plus, now your self confidence is shot and your not sure *what* you should wear.
Or do you look that man right in the eyes and say “I look and feel fabulous and this is what I’m wearing. If you want to be seen with me – great, if not -stay home!”
I’ll admit I’ve been the person on both sides of the coin , sometimes within the same week! I don’t know why my husband feels like he can just dole out his opinion on what I’m wearing….hey buddy, didn’t anyone ever teach you that:
1) No one cares about what you think! (oh wait except maybe me)
2) Don’t give your opinion unless someone asks for it. – Ay There’s the Rub* – I DID ASK FOR IT. Shit.
Doesn’t every woman have the habit of asking there man “how do I look?” And although you’re expecting a “You look GREAT, now let’s go!” type of answer, that isn’t always what you get, is it?
Sometimes you have to deal with the “Go get changed for your own good” type of response and then you have to decide to either listen to your personal style sub-conscious or your man’s! How confident are YOU with your own style?
Real Italian Mom Street Style
A while ago I wrote about the incredible Al Meni gastronomy festival in Rimini dedicated to tasting the World’s best up and coming chefs for only 5 euro a dish! I also attending the Dèjeuner sul l’herbe, a picnic of epic proportions at the 5 star luxury Grand Hotel of Rimini, this is what I wore and my thoughts on the event. At the picnic I had the pleasure of meeting the absolutely beautiful Sara, her husband Leo and their adorable 4 month old Ludovica!
I know – I KNOW! She is STUNNING. Let’s not even get into how incredible she looks at 4 months postpartum, and her outfit is everything I would want an outfit to be for a posh lunch on a perfect summer day. The dress (yes it is a dress not a two-piece!), the shoes, the bag, the coordinated stroller!!! EVERYTHING was just so pretty.
Her man Leo didn’t like what she was wearing! Can you believe it? When I asked her if I could take her picture she was a little shocked and stated in Italian “really because he (pointing to Leo) didn’t want me to wear this today!”
Well, how glad am I that she went with her fashion instinct and wore what SHE wanted. She was easily one of the most beautiful and stylish women at the event. Her outfit was a great mix of sparkle and subdued and it seems as though THIS family takes their “bella presenza”, the Italian term for being “presentable” , seriously!
What She Wore
Sara wore sparkly ballerina flats by the Italian brand Carla G, a stunning dress by the brand Jucca, which is available online here with international shipping. Her bag is Louis Vuitton and her hair is a perfect ombre!
For those of you loving her man’s style his shoes are from the VERY popular brand GOLDEN GOOSE DELUXE BRAND and are upwards of $500+!
The Jucca collection is known for their sewn-in layers of delicate knits and fun fabrics and this dress is still available on sale here for $150 but in the dark eggplant / dark silver version (only a size M remains).
Isn’t her style fabulous, aren’t we all glad she decided to wear what she wanted!! Have you ever wore an outfit your man hated, I’d love to hear your story so feel free to leave a comment below or start a conversation on my Facebook page!
*no post is complete without a little Shakespeare
Feel free to follow Reasons to Dress on Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post!
Now onto YOUR style…
#REASONSTODRESS Real Mom Street Style Linkup
Links à la Mode, August 13
- Affatshionista: Everyday Style in a Torrid Size 3!
- Ashley: Monday Adventures | Best Blow Out in Chicago
- Attire Club: What We Can Learn From the Zoolander 2 Teaser
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Essie Fall 4Pc Mini Set Swatches & Review
- Cubicle Chic: Putting the “FUN” in “FUNCTIONAL” | How to have fun with your everyday office wear.
- Drew & Alice: Strobing
- Dresscode | HighFashion: Burberry Prorsum Menswear F/W 15/16 | ‘Classically Bohemian’
- Everest Says: Tips for Taking an Awesome Flat Lay Photo
- Happy. Pretty. Sweet.: Madison Reed | Salon Hair Color at Home
- La Petite Fashionista: Blog to Biz | 5 Easy Steps to Increasing Your Instagram Following
- Lobler & Delaney: J.Crew & Iris Apfel Movie Preview Event
- Mama in Heels: Office Perfection | Denim
- Ms. Fabulous: Bibhu Mohapatra’s Fall 2015 From the Heart
- Muscari Lane: Digitization Robbed My Fashion
- Random Chic Musings: Paris is Always a Good Idea
- Reasons To Dress: Wearing the Dress that *He* Hates
- So Versailles: Best Face Masks
- The Moon & the Mirror: Marie Antoinette, The Milk Maid
- The Style Division: Discovering the Magic of Venice, Italy
- We Are Ready Made: Acne Pushes the Button!